By the end of this article, you will have learnt about the amazing benefits of tea rinses for your natural hair and why you might need to give it a try.
What Kind Of Tea Is Good for Your Natural hair?
Tea is made in different ways around the world I believe, but here in Nigeria we put a lot of milk and sugar maybe some honey to sweeten our tea. That’s not the type of tea to use for your hair OK?
The type of tea to be used is either black tea or green tea preferably decaffeinated. You do not need to add sugar, milk, honey or anything else. Black tea is great if you want to have a dark tint on your hair while green tea preferable if you have dry hair. It has less caffeine.
Benefits of Tea Rinse for Natural Hair
- It reduces shedding of hair : When you incorporate tea rinses into your regimen one in awhile, it will help you overcome excessive shedding especially on wash days. The caffeine present in Tea helps to block the DHT hormone (dihydrotestosterone) that triggers hair loss.
- It covers grey hair : Constant use of black tea gives your hair a dark tint that could mask the grey hairs.
- It makes the hair soft: It has been reported that some persons experience softer hair after a typical tea rinse. You just might be lucky.
- It stimulates the scalp: Tea has a way of stimulating the scalp when applied so as to block the production of DHT for hair retention in both men and women.
How to make Tea rinses for Your Natural Hair
- Boil a cup of water and add a few bags of unscented tea.
- Leave to cool and simmer over the night.
- Pour the tea into a spray bottle or an applicator bottle And mix it some with water if need be.
- Wash and rinse your hair as you normally would and to the freshly washed hair, pour or spray the tea mix while concentrating on your scalp.
- Cover your hair in a shower cap for about 20minutes before you proceed to deep conditioning.
- Deep condition, moisturise and seal your hair.
- Voila, you are done!
You are free to try this at home but if you have sensitive skin, mix a lot of water with the tea in your spray bottle or applicator bottle.
Let me know your experience whenever you try it out.
Was this article helpful? Share with your friends. Follow me on instagram @iamprincesslizz and kindly leave me suggestions on what you want me to write about.
Love you 😘